Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Loving Life!

I am going to be turning 49 in just a few weeks and I am happy to report that I am totally comfortable with it! I remember getting into my late 20's and how painful every birthday felt, how things change. I would not want to change places with that part of my life at all! I feel in many ways that my life is just starting and mind you I never had children, so it has nothing to do with kids growing up and moving into their own lives. It is just different now in a very refreshing positive way. I don't feel "OLD", I feel young in mind, body and spirit. I started down this path about 4 years ago and in the last two years set a goal for myself for when I turn 50. That is to be a hot, rocking, healthy 50 year old! If you would like to label me vain, I do not have a problem with that because I will go down fighting! So is 50 the new 30 or 35, or is 50 the new 50? Either way I don't care and I am ready to handle anything that comes my way. I am stronger, more independent and smarter than I was in my earlier years and I think over all this is a much better place to be!! So for all of you who are also entering your 40's and 50's, I say bring it on because we are up for the challenge like no generation before us!

1 comment:

Laura McCollum said...

I agree with this post! It seems that at 45 I have found a new confidence that wasn't there in my earlier years. It feels good to be comfortable with who you are and what you are about. I feel stronger than I have every been at this stage of life and loving it!!!!! Thanks for the post. Laura McCollum