Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Let me, Let You Go. Dedicated to D with love.....

This is a poem I wrote last year and I am dedicating it to D with very much love during this difficult and sad time...Love you D!

Let me, let you go

The beauty of you and the way you touched my life
As precious and lovely as anything I could have ever imagined
But for now my love let me, let you go

Nothing will ever stop the aching and yearning for more
One more touch, one more smile, one more moment to look in your eyes
Just to hold you, to see your beautiful face, but, I have to let you go

To try to hold on, too long and too tight, would never be right
I will hold you close in my heart and carry you with me after this life
But for now my love let me, let you go

From the moment you came into my life you brought joy and light
For all the moments in time that you were a part of my life
You will always and forever have a treasured space in my heart

You will be with me under the shining stars at night
I will feel you on a warm summer breeze blowing over a sunlit sea
Together again someday we shall be, but for now my angel, fly free…..

Shelia November 28th, 2009

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, just like when I read it for the first time. Post more, please

Unknown said...

OK, now I can post a damn comment - oops sorry for the rant!! It is an awesome poem and you should post more, I know they are good!!

Janie said...

Thanks for sharing this! I agree with Anonymous, this is just as good or better than it was the first time I read it! Each time I read it, I get a little more from it, which is the hallmark of a good poem or story! Keep 'em coming!