Sunday, February 14, 2010

Heartburn My Personal All Natural Remedy

I personally had issues with heartburn and it is not at all pleasant. I used to take over the counter heartburn medication on a daily basis, and some of these products are not cheap. We all know about the little purple pill, but do you know about the little red root vegetable? I will share with you a little secret that made a major difference in my life. It is called a radish.....yes you read that right, believe it or not eating raw radishes got rid of my heartburn. I did a little research and they mentioned radishes over and over. So off to the store I went where I purchased my little inexpensive and unassuming red root vegetable. That is when my love affair with the little red root began. Instead of popping a little purple pill, I immediately begun popping radishes!

From that point on whenever I felt the heartburn coming on, off to the refrigerator I went. The change for me happened very quickly, right off the bat I noticed major relief. The heart burn after the first week stopped occurring on a daily basis and was only raising its ugly head a couple of times a week. Eventually after about 3 weeks that stopped as well. As time went on it stopped almost completely. I still have heartburn occasionally, but when I do I pop a raw radish or two and I am good to go. Hope this will assist others out there who experience heartburn. I used to but not so much anymore, so thank you to the little red radish!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Shelia. You obviously don't just automatically go to the doctor and "worship" whatever latest med is peddled. A lot of the time, the natural way is far the better.

It just takes some desire and effort!

Bert