Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Food For Thought...

I was just on one of my Twitter pages and saw this quote by Scott Hamilton "The only disability in life is a bad attitude" I love that and it is so true! There are so many people who would be entitled to a bad attitude due to their circumstances but they over come it. Not everyone can dig that deep and pull it out, but so many of these people have such an amazing outlook on life! In the big picture if I really take a long hard honest look at myself, I have nothing to complain about. Having a good attitude in life and with all its challenges will go along way to a happier you and everyone around you!

Maybe when you experiencing a bout with a bad attitude you should take a look around you and really consider if you are entitled to have a bad attitude or not. If you really do think your life is all that bad and you can not change it perhaps you should go experience a different reality like oh I don't know... for example like living in Hatti right now. I think that should do the trick. Go and hold a child's hand as they amputate one of their limbs without the aid of anaesthesia or listen to them singing the songs of their culture long before dawn as they line up waiting in the food lines. All the while knowing things are going to get a lot worse before they are going to get better.... Yeah, I don't about you but I've got nothing to compare that with.

1 comment:

Janie said...

This is so awesome! I know everyone has their own spiritual beliefs, but I really believe that this could apply to anyone, no matter what you believe. If you remind yourself "I am right where I am supposed to be at this very minute", it certainly helps to keep the right attitude. I believe that God has me right where He wants me at every moment and if I can remind myself of this, I accept my circumstances a lot sooner. Thanks for the reminder of the children in Haiti. It is so sad what they have been going through and we should all be grateful we are not in that country right now. Yes, it will probably get much worse before it gets better and the really sad thing is the "better" for them was not all that great to begin with. Everyone in this country should thank whoever they pray to everyday for whatever they have and wherever they are since it is probably better than what the people have in Haiti on a good day.