Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Second Annual Slithering Hunt

I started this blog while eating my lunch, lets just say that was a mistake and lunch got pushed to the side and thrown away. There is such a huge ewe and yuck factor here I could not continue. However moving on, The Sunshine State is getting ready to host it's second annual python, anaconda and monitor lizard hunt. The hunting licenses went on sale today for a mere $26. I am totally serious...so many people obtain these exotic beautiful slithery creatures as pets and when they become to much to deal with they drive to the Everglades and set them free. Which means they have now taken over the glades. So now the hunt for 2010 is about to begin and time line is from March 8th - April 16th for those of you who would like to set up a nice hunting trip.

So that brings me to what do you do with these creatures once you have killed your quota of python, anaconda or monitor lizards. Do you eat it, sell the skin or just kill it for pure sport? So I jumped online and I guess there is not a whole lot of eating going on, plenty of people looking for ways to cook them, but I found websites where you could purchase the meat. However if anyone out there happens to have an old family recipe that you are willing to share please post it in the comment section of my blog. The state of Florida thanks you!

No comments: