Sunday, February 7, 2010

Time For Superbowl Sunday Football Grandma!!

Well I will keep this short and sweet! Today is a day to gather around the T.V. for the game we die hard football fans wait for all year. The day is finally here for Superbowl XLIV and everything that comes with it! The great football food, memorable commercials and the companionship with family and friends. Not to mention the competitive spirit in us all! Good luck, have fun and enjoy your day to everyone and to the teams you are supporting today!

I do have one little story to share with you, it is about the Superbowl in 1996 that was the last time my Dallas Cowboys won. My grandmother was there that day, and she was in her mid 80's at the time and at that point was going a little in and out mentally. But she sat there that day laughing and yelling with us, it was a great day. Now grandma really did not know much of anything about football but that really did not matter. After the game and as I got ready to leave and continue on with taking my celebration on to downtown Dallas, she said to me now you all come back next Sunday and we will do this again, she had such a big smile on her face! She had a massive stroke 3 days later and she never spoke or moved again, lived until she was 93. So as I sit here alone waiting for the main event and watching all the pre game stuff, I say ok grandma I'm ready and it is Sunday lets watch another game!

Make every moment count, you never know which one will be that special moment that will stay with you forever!

1 comment:

Janie said...

Thanks so much for sharing this story! This is so sweet and I will never look at Superbowl Sunday the same again! I will always think of you and your grandma when I watch the "big game".