Monday, March 22, 2010

The Day Will Happen Whether Or Not You Get Up!

Love that quote! It is also very true and it reminds me of other quotes like, "Nothing will every happen if you don't show up" and "No matter where you go there you are". Which brings me to today's topic, you can stick your head in the sand and ignore life and everything that entails. However, if you just put all the negative stuff out of your head and put one foot in front of the other and move forward you can take charge and make a positive change in your life. Allowing negativity to take over and sink you is not healthy and it is extremely exhausting.

Take baby steps if you need to, just start making progress in your life, your health, your attitude and your relationships. Lets say for example if you have moved and just can not seem to unpack or decorate, try writing down one or two things to do everyday and make them your goal. When you are comfortable in your surroundings you will feel happier and more content. Trust me on that because I have been mudding and painting walls and now I don't want to stop. In my case a family member gave me a nudge to get started and they were dead right, and now I am obsessed with the projects and I love the results! If your attitude is not great take an honest look at yourself and try to start making some changes. Get help from a professional if you need too, just don't give up, do whatever it takes. If it is your health then take steps to make some changes. Change your diet start exercising, get moving and start taking charge of your health. If it is relationships take a good hard look at what you do have and try not to focus only on the bad. My analogy for relationships is do you have a good foundation or has it been condemned? If you are best friends or if you love them, that to me is a good foundation to build on. If the relationship is unhealthy and abusive that foundation is condemned.

It is not a bed of roses out here in single zombie land with a lot of people who are desperate to be a relationship for fear of sinking into an abyss of loneliness. I am not one of those people but there are a lot of them but perhaps that could be due to my demographic area, just saying.....

It will do no one any good to focus on the things you have no control over. Focus your energy on the things that you can change right now and make the effort to do it!

1 comment:

Sherri Knott said...

Wow, you have no idea how bad I needed to hear that. Thanks and keep writing!