Friday, March 12, 2010

This Is 2010, Is It Not?

Let me first just say that if this is against your moral or religious views I am sure I will loose you as followers of my blog. If that is the case I will understand, but this is not acceptable to me so here it goes. I am a heterosexual person but I do not judge others for their lifestyles. It goes without saying this includes political, spiritual, ethnicity, religious and sexual preferences. You are welcome to your opionion but keep in mind it is yours and does not give you a right to mess with other peoples lives.

To say this article pissed me off is to put it mildly, a school in Jackson, Mississippi canceled the schools senior prom due to the fact that a lesbian couple that was going to attend. One of the young ladies was also going to wear a tux which is against school policy. Hell I wore a tux to prom in 1979! It is not even like this is a religious school either it is Itawamba Agricultural High School in Fulton. I thought we were moving forward in acceptance and tolerance of each others differences. Unfortunately it takes acts of stupidity like this to remind me we still have a long way to go. I have attached the link to the story below.

http://www.wtvr.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-us-lesbian-prom-date,0,5261757.story

No comments: