Thursday, April 15, 2010

I Promise To Try Very Hard Not To...

Ok, I know I am always posting on facebook about certain things pertaining to restaurants and our food supply. I realize that just because all the information available to us freaks me out does not mean that it does everyone else. I admit that I have issues with pesticides and other junk and that is one of the reasons I am mostly a vegetarian. I made the decision the first of November in 2009 to go mostly vegetarian.

So, I hear by promise to try very hard not to harp on food and restaurants on my postings on facebook. With that said for those of you who would like an alternative to meat the product that I use and I absolutely love is called Gardein Garden Protein. I have included their link below. Now I am not saying that I will never have a hot dog, hamburger or fish sandwich again, I am saying this product is a great substitute for those of you that are interested.

I finally got my mother and aunt to taste the "chicken like" nuggets and they both said "tastes like chicken" go figure......

http://www.gardein.com

1 comment:

Bert said...

I totally believe in consuming a lot more veggies (not canned) than most people do. I also believe in being real careful whatever we eat, certainly including meats.

Having said that, I myself am real leery about totally or almost totally cutting out meats. I believe our bodies were meant to take in a certain amount, that meats (red, for instance) provide certain nutrients nature doesn't provide otherwise.

That doesn't override my respect for your motivation to be as healthy as possible!