Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pay It Forward Day!

April 29, 2010 is "Pay It Forward Day" we all remember the sweet touching movie where the little boy did 3 good deeds for others in need. I think this is something that we should all be attempting to do as much as possible, and not need to be reminded of it each year. Don't get me wrong, I know plenty of you out there that are care givers and others who do good things all the time. For my caregivers friends, I think someone should pay it forward to you today to give you a break so you could take a day for yourself, you deserve it! However for others, maybe it is a very good thing that we are reminded each year because we all get tangled up in our own lives where we sometimes forget about others. We are in a hurry rushing around taking care of our own families or perhaps some simply don't want to be bothered.

Myself personally, I try to keep the pay it forward motto in mind as much as I possibly can. If I ignore those around me trust me I get a swift kick from the powers that be very quickly.

I think it would be a novel idea for those who are unemployed to go out and do some type of volunteer work once a week, once every two weeks, heck once a month. First it will look great on a resume, but most important it could help relieve some stress and it just makes you feel good when you do something for someone else. Even if you just help out someone in your own neighborhood community. Organize a community garden that would be beneficial on so many different levels. Help a neighbor with a home project, really if you think about it there are endless possibilities.

I hope everyone takes the pay it forward motto with you through your day and through out the year! If you are at all like me after I have done a good deed I always turn and walk away with a tear in my eye. It is a beautiful feeling you get after having done something totally unexpected for another human being no matter how big or how small. You never know how the smallest act of kindness can effect a persons life by renewing faith in themselves, faith in others or maybe in life itself...

No comments: