Saturday, February 13, 2010

Stalking A Crime Of Obsession

When someone is harassing you to the point that they pursue you obsessively it is a problem. It is not to be taken lightly, you should let others know what is going on. The reason for this blog is because I am dealing with this situation now with someone and it is not a pleasant experience to be sure. It is a scary and uncertain feeling so if I can inform others of what signs to watch out for then I have done my job. I have been doing some research and thought that I should share it with you. A restraining order is not always the best approach, because you may just further push this person. Not to mention people walk right through restraining orders all the time.

The UTC' Women's Center which you may read at this link has some very helpful information.
http://www.utc.edu/Outreach/TransformationProject/stalkingbehaviors.php

If you feel that someone is becoming obsessed with you defiantly take precautions and handle the situation carefully. If you can obtain personal information like a copy of a drivers license etc make copies and give them to a family member or a friend or friends for that matter, to make sure someone has personal information on the person.

January was National Stalking Awareness Month and here is the link: http://stalkingawarenessmonth.org/quiz?gclid=CKHztsG18J8CFQgRswodBUKwXQa
I took the quiz and failed it!! It is more prevalent than I originally thought.

This is only a small portion of the information available out there however I hope it has been helpful....

No comments: