Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Love Yourself And Learn To Be Happy With Yourself

You know I found through personal experience that there are not enough people who love their selves, actually know who they are and understand how to be happy being alone. So many men and women that can not be alone and be happy alone. I find that so many of us have not figured out how to do all three of these things. We look to others to find self worth, love and happiness. Well I am here to tell you that if do not love yourself and understand what you want, who you are and what makes you tick, no one else is going to be able to figure that out for you. If you have not been able to live your life and be happy with yourself outside of a relationship, no one else is going to be able to "make" you happy! Any relationship will eventually crumble under that type of pressure and it would not be a healthy relationship. I don't think anyone really desires to be that dependent on another person but they just don't know anything else and perhaps this has never even been explained to them. So here it is folks!! I am going to lay it out for you.

I myself took time off from dating because I was making some bad decisions in regards to partners. So I walked away from dating for 6 years. I have now dated a few people for short periods of time due to the fact I now know who I am what I am looking for and what is not acceptable to me. I am also fine with being alone, something I am not sure I was really doing before. At this point I am comfortable saying that I would rather be alone than be in a bad or unsatisfying relationship. I would add to that, I would rather be alone and happy than in a relationship and be lonely!

So you really need to learn to love yourself first and for most, while learning to be alone and to be happy with yourself and the person that you are! Join groups, join a gym, take up hobbies or spend time volunteering. Find ways to get out of the house and be around other people in a relaxed atmosphere that is not a dating circle. Spend time with yourself to actually get to know you. Read self help books what ever it takes do it, because you will not find that relationship you are looking for until you have done these two very important things!

You know a girl friend of mine from along time ago, she and I had an agreement that has always stuck with me and maybe it might help some else out there. The agreement was to "Never give your power away", never let someone have the power to define who you are and what you do in life. Under no circumstances should you be in relationship if someone is hurting you to the point of putting you in danger from them or from yourself. If someone treats you badly, cheats, lies to you, puts you down all the time, makes you feel bad about yourself and does not support you and treat you with respect, honesty and with unconditional love, maybe it is time to move on. If you feel that you are in a situation that you can not handle alone, find help from someone. Anyone a friend, family members or a professional. The pain will pass trust me on this I know from personal experience, but move forward, put one foot in front of the other, breath in and out and keep moving. It will get better, you will never forget but it will get better!

The bottom line is learn to love and be happy with yourself!

No comments: