Sunday, February 28, 2010

So What If... Should It Really Matter?

Ok, so I been reading and hearing that the whole global warming thing is one big fat hoax and it has some people very upset. Why do people get so full of themselves and why do some love to say "see I told you so" and completly ignore the bigger picture. So what if it is a hoax, should it really matter? We should still be taking responsibility for the earth and our effect on it and the condition we leave it in.

Let me just say this, coming from someone who lives in Florida near the beach. I snorkel a lot and when I go out I take my mesh bag and free dive down to pick up trash off the ocean floor. I also walk the beaches with bags and pick up all the trash that people leave behind. It really does not matter if global warming is an issue or not. People should be responsible for the care and resources of this planet period. So if you are pissed because you went out and bought some energy efficent light bulbs, don't come crying to me. Everyone should be aware of what you do that effects this planet and if it is something as simple as a light bulb so be it. If you don't think that there is a problem with trash, chemical run off and all of the other lousy things that we do to hurt this planet then you should open you eyes.............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. I'm one who believes there's a ton of bogus science behind "man made global warming," but that doesn't exclude us from needing to take care of our planet. Pollution comes in many forms and needs to be personally addressed. Glad to hear you're doing something about it for sure!

Bert

lovetosnorkel said...

Sheila, I snorkel a lot in our lake, and I just do the same, pick up trash from the bottom, at least the one I can reach free diving! How can we make others aware of what they do to our environement?

Best regards from Switzerland
Peter