Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cleaning Green And News About Teflon

Before you start reading and decide this blog is not for you, I want you to know at the end of this blog I have attached links to the things I have discussed today. So if you decide not to read this in its entirety please go to the links attached below!

The reason I started researching more natural ways of cleaning my home was because of my little parrotlet! Cute little miniature parrot! He changed my life because of the research I did when I got him on proper care of a small bird. First, I had already ditched of all my non-stick pans prior to getting him and that was a good thing because they could have killed him. Teflon poising or more correctly polytetrafluoroethlyene (PTFE) intoxication, is a rapid and lethal gaseous intoxication of all species of birds. Teflon will never be in my house again, the way I see it if it is that bad for a bird and between the fact of the way it wears off the pans and gets into you food and you are ingesting it, that is enough for me to say no!


I found an abundance of information on how to clean your home with natural products you all ready have. One of my favorites is plain white or apple cider vinegar. So I thought I would share some of these great tips with you! One of my favorites is to mix one half white vinegar and one half olive oil in a spray bottle. I use this to polish wood furniture and to clean the inside of my car for the leather seats and non fabric covered areas. But the list goes on from No-wax floors, windows & walls, cutting boards, toilet bowls, your lawn and garden care, to health uses.

Baking Soda is one of those natural products you have at home and it has many uses. It is an acid reducer in foods, reduces the gas producing properties in beans when you are cooking them. There are many other the uses for it like cleaning and eliminating odors. I also use baking soda to clean my stainless steal cookware!

I could go on but I will save that for another day! You can only take in so much at a time and I totally get that. Enjoy and have a great day and maybe I will assist you in making a few easy changes to a healthier and eco-friendlier way of life.


http://www.versatilevinegar.org/
http://www.apfn.org/apfn/teflon.htm
http://www.theherbprof.com/InfoTeflonPoisoning.htm
http://www.bellybytes.com/articles/bakingsoda.shtml

No comments: